Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Leave Better All That You Find

I have been listening to this song (above) a lot lately and I remembered how much I used to love it and I also remembered that I used to know exactly who I was maybe 4 or 5 months ago and now I'm not so sure.. I mean, I'm not like a bad person but I think I've gotten lost a bit and I really didn't realize it until I met someone about a week ago.. I want to be so much better, I'm not sure who I have been pretending to be for the past month or so but it's not me. I don't know, when I'm around him I feel like I know who I can be and who I was before.. it's one of those things in life where that one thing that you have been waiting for finally comes but at the exact moment when you're not prepared for it. It's like when you find something that just makes you so happy and just so yourself and for a moment everything makes sense and you feel almost enchanted by it, you want to embrace it and be around it all the time. Once again I am just ranting on and I don't make any sense but that's what's been on my mind for the past three days.

1 comment:

  1. Holly,

    Your post brings me back to a time long ago when I was young and still searching for a special friendship/relationship in high school. One of my best friend's sister was dated this guy and I was dating someone else. Something clicked between us just prior to going on a school trip to Canada together, but we couldn't act on it because we were close friends with the others partner. I was filled with the same type of feelings you expressed. After the trip, we both broke up with our partners and decided to date each other, but it just wasn't the same after. It was like someone had dusted off the magic dust on our "thing". I chalked it up to finally getting to know each other. We just weren't compatible. But I wouldn't change a thing about the experience. It was great while it lasted.

    Stop by my blog and say hello. I don't know if you noticed,but I left a message for you on your first post.

    ReplyDelete