Monday, February 14, 2011

Home

I think everybody reaches that point when they're at college and everything is going good but also everything is going wrong. It's not that my room-mates are being mean or that my classes are hard and it's definitely not that the weather is bad. I just wish I could go home. I need to get away from here for awhile. I wish I could go back to the summers at home where Emma and Mirranda and I would always go to that cute little candy store and get the most delicious chocolates. I wish I could be walking through the gateway with them right now without a care in the world. I wish I could just stay home on a Saturday night and mess around and have fun with my siblings. I wish I could walk into my moms room while she's watching CSI and just sit on her bed and talk to her. I wish I could just take a drive all the way up Middle Canyon to clear my head or just drive all over Tooele which would only take less than an hour and not have to worry about getting lost or getting trapped headed on a freeway. I wish I go to a park at eleven o clock and just lay under the stars. I wish I could be having a sleepover with Corinne right now. Yes, high school had drama and parents and rules but life was simpler than it is now. Now I'm alone with a thousand people who don't know me at all. I'm living in an apartment that will never be home and I'm making these wishes that cant come true. I do know one thing for sure, if I didn't have Heather, I would most definitely be having a mid-life crisis. Everybody is right though, I didn't realize all I had until it was gone. They also say that home is where your heart is, well I am struggling with who I am and what I want and to be honest, I really don't know where my heart is so it seems appropriate if I want to figure these things out, I need to go home. I miss home.

2 comments:

  1. Holly I love you and I hope someday that you can make St George your home and also realize that growing up isn't such a bad thing sometimes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly you are so much stronger than you know! I love you so much and I wish you could be here too, but this much I know, College is something you've got to do. This is how you are going to find out who you really are. We fall so that we can get back up again, dust off our knees and try again...Don't forget I'm a phone-call away, even in the middle of the night. You ave such a great testimony and that is what you've got to remember right now! I heart you a google Holly! BE STRONG :)

    ReplyDelete